Ok, so let me start off saying this is going to sound worse then what it actually was because the mentioned gun was only a BB gun and it wasn't loaded. I also know many people that read my blog will disagree with me here, but I have big issues with kids playing with guns, regardless of the kind, unsupervised.
So after saying that I have to VENT!!! Don't get me wrong here I am very FOR the Right to Bare Arms. However, I am for ADULTS right not KIDS rights. If you are going to have guns in your house (BB or a real one) keep them locked up and only let them out around the kids with VERY STRONG supervision. My little brother and I have been around guns our entire life and my dad always had them locked up. (Yes we knew where the key was and even though I pissed Jason off sooo many time he never tried to shoot me LOL). My family all made sure all the kids knew what a gun was and what it could do. We were educated on gun use because we were around them.
So to get to my story, yesterday McKenna went to my mom's neighbors house to pick up my little boy and the kid that came to the door pointed a BB gun at her and pulled the trigger. THANK GOD!! it wasn't loaded. Even though it was just a BB gun, at that close range, she could have been hurt really bad. So Scott called the cops on the kid but all they did was tell him not to do it again. Now I understand no body was hurt but what if it would have been a real gun (loaded!!). Who's to say that next time it won't be!!
I know the cops are under paid and really busy and there are BIGGER crimes going on but come on!!! They could have at least cited the kid or the parents and taken the gun away!! The parents were not home, and after Scott freaked out, the cop said he would go back and talk to the parents.
I am very glad it wasn't worse because it could have been. I just hope (pray to god) that there won't be a next time for my kids or any other kid for that matter.
4 comments:
OMG! That is really scary. I am glad to hear that everything is ok and I think you did the right thing. I hope that neighbor kid learned his lesson and shit a brick when the cops came to his door.
I am not sure when I am coming back to work. I am still playing things by ear. To be honest...I wish I didn't have to go back at all!! I am sooo sad. How are you doing??? Admin still good?
Wow! That's awful. I'm really hoping the cop went back after the parents got home. My sister mentioned a gun at school once and the cops came to our house for a half an hour having a discussion with her and my parents. Guns are a MAJOR issue. I'm so sorry. I bet she was so scared.
I agree with you. We had an experience at our house where the bb gun wasn't suppose to be loaded and a ya-- it was. So I agree anyone caught un-supervised children with guns should be disciplined. Along with the parents for not locking them up.
I am SOOOO GLAD to hear you did something about that. McKenna stopped at my house and was crying over the whole thing and I was disturbed.
I too am pro firearms FOR ADULTS! My brother shot the neighbor by accident with a bb gun and boys are just stupid (which totally scares me) I hope the kid was scared enough and won't point guns at people. I don't even let Asa point TOY guns at people and I take it away if he does. UGH!!!!
Post a Comment