Thursday, January 27, 2011

Repost - Happy B-day Grandma

I can't write another one today... After loosing my Godfather Larry and today being my Grandma's B-day I am struggling... So I am reposting this from a few years back. In remembrance of my Grandma DeAnn. Happy Happy B-day!! A day I treasure and still celebrate after your gone because if it wasn't for this day I wouldn't have the hero I adore.


My Grandma DeAnn (my mom's mom) is the greatest lady I have ever known. She would go out of her way to help anyone out. One of my many memories of her was after my parents divorced, my mom, my brother, and I lost the home we had grown up in. We had to move to a very small 2-bedroom apartment in Orem. My mom struggled to pay the bills and put food on the table for me and my brother. One day I came home to find boxes of grocery's on our table. There wasn't a note and nobody was there. I called my mom and she knew nothing about it. We found out later that Grandma had come by to drop off the grocery's, keep in mind she lived in Emery County, which is a 2 hour drive. That was the type of person she was. When I was 13 I went to live with Grandma and Grandpa. At the time I hated it but I have to say I wouldn't take back that time I was able to spend with them. If I only knew then what I do now I would have been a very different person. Anyway, Grandma knew I wasn't happy about living w/her. She was able to pull some strings to get me into Jr. High (I should have been in 6th grade but I was actually smart at that time). She also made every effort possible to help me have a good time. She went all out for my favorite holiday(Halloween) and made sure I had everything I wanted and needed. She is the wind beneath my wings and I love her and miss her more each day. I am a better person for knowing her and the world was a much better place when she was in it.

We little knew that day God was going to call your name. In life we loved you dearly in death, we do the same. It broke our hearts to lose you; you did not go alone. For part of us went with you the day God called you home. You left us beautiful memories. Your love is still our guide; and though we cannot see you, you are always at our side. Our family chain is broken and nothing seems the same. But as god calls us one by one the chain will link again."

"If tears could build a stairway, and memories build a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven, and bring you home again"

No comments: