Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal. ~From a headstone in Ireland
The quote above is how I am feeling right now. I have wonderful memories of a wonderful man. Someone that always stuck by my Grandparents, was a GREAT friend and a GREAT Godfather to me. I know he is in a place with my Grandmother. What a great B-day presant for her (I know she doesn't celebrate her B-day after death but I still do so this is my thinking). Grandma will have a B-day on Thursday and I am sure she was there to welcome a GREAT friend into her arms today. While we say goodbye with tears in our eyes, she is smiling and saying hello.
Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal. ~Author Unknown
While we are mourning the loss of our friend, others are rejoicing to meet him behind the veil. ~John Taylor
I still remember Larry's smile, his big bear hugs, the way he always made sure I understood who he was to me (my Godfather). He felt an honor you could see in this "calling". The last few years have been hard on him and I know he is at peace and out of pain but I wish I could have seen him once more....Same as my Grandma...Even though me seeing my Grandma wasn't as long as the span from me seeing Larry it is still a memory that pains me. Grandma died on a Friday and we (meaning the whole family) was planning a trip to see her that weekend.... We never made it.... With Larry, I had plans to go down and take my Grandpa and go camping with them....We never made it last year so this year we were going for sure. It was a trip I was sooo looking forward to with them and Grandpa but yet again....To late....It just reaffirms the saying "Don't put off tomrrow what you could have done today". It makes me want to go home and give my kids a BIG kiss and hug and tell them how much I love them.
Remember your loved ones today in every thought, every prayer, every secret wish. If you can tell them you love them because you never know what tomorrow will bring....
I love you Larry and I will miss you dearly!!

1 comment:
Beautifully said Britt. XO
Post a Comment