Monday, October 4, 2010

October

Oh how I LOVE October!! I can't even tell you how much. I love the changing cooler weather. The BEAUTY of the leaves and of course HALLOWEEN!!! Halloween is the ONLY holiday I don't feel obligated to buy anything. Sure I "can" buy halloween costumes and halloween candy but I don't "have" to. I don't have to feel worried about leaving some one out on my gift list, I don't have to go anywere or stress. It is the SWEETEST holiday.

Another thing I love is that this is a holiday I had my Grandma all to myself when she was alive. I know she really hated Halloween but when I lived with her she made it VERY special. Grandma loved Christmas but it is Halloween I find myself missing her the most. I remember one year I lived with her for Halloween and she helped me decorate the house and even helped me put together a scary dummy in my room. It brings tears when I think about her. I miss her SOOO much and it isn't around the Christmas holiday it is this time of year I miss her the most.

So my next favorite thing is my menu!! I love coming up with SCARY names for my dinner dishes ALL MONTH!! This year my menu started on sunday October 3 because I went out with my friends on the 1st, and helped my aunt move back to Utah (AWESOME!!) on the 2nd. So, BAD I KNOW, we went out those two nights :). On Sunday we had "blood bath" I made SO much of it we are having the same thing again but I will be called Vampire soup tonight :).

I will have to take pictures thoughout the month and share. It is alot of fun with themes for Vampies, Freddy, Jason, mummies and werewolves to just scary dishes like road kill, maggots, worms, and goo. I have also come up with desserts for each weekend that go with my theme or dish. Over the weekend we had Moldy dirt cup cakes. They were REALLY good. I sent some to my moms house and called a bit later and they had almost eaten all of them :).

2 comments:

Anna said...

I would love to see your pictures of what you make each day. I can live vicariously through you because I'm to lazy to do anything like this :)

Sharon said...

She would love seeing you have fun. Remember her when you are celebrating and frustrated right now. XO