Monday, September 13, 2010

9/11 and Football

So for 9/11 this year we did something AWESOME!! One of the players, every year, his family goes to the fire station on 9/11 and gives thanks and talks about heros. It was so great for the boys. Also, during their game they held up a flag and had a moment of silence to remember those that lost their lives on 9/11/2001. It was so great! We, as a family, talked about the heros of 9/11 and told Kaden the story of what happened (Yes I have told him before but every year he asks...) It was a very memorable moment for me and I am so happy the team was able to do this together it was a good experience for the boys.

On a happier note we played West Lake twice this season and we WON both time... Total shut out!!! The first game was 24-0 and the second game was 49-0 and NO first downs for the West Lake Team. It was SOOO GREAT considering West Lake needs some lessons on sportsmanship....I have been amazed at the LACK of sportsmanship out there. I try to teach my kids about it and it is really hard when they experience such a lack of respect from others. I am glad the coaches for my son this year are good examples, they are teaching the boys good habits and I thank them.

So next week we compete against my highschool rival, American Fork, it will be GREAT to see if we can keep up the winning streak but I don't want to "jinx" my boys so I just wish them luck :)

No comments: