
My Aunt has this quote on her blog and right now I really needed to hear it. So I am re-posting it on my blog. I am not a religious person by any means, but I can actually relate to this and I feel comforted by it. I know things will look up but getting to that point is very trying on my soul. I am trying to stay positive and look at all the blessings I have instead of all the dread, hopelessness and unhappiness. Thanks Sharon for sharing this...
“Despair drains from us all that is vibrant and joyful and leaves behind the empty remnants of what life was meant to be. Despair kills ambition, advances sickness, pollutes the soul, and deadens the heart. Despair can seem like a staircase that leads only and forever downward. Hope, on the other hand, is like the beam of sunlight rising up and above the horizon of our present circumstances. It pierces the darkness with a brilliant dawn… Hope has the power to fill our lives with happiness. Its absence—when this desire of our heart is delayed—can make ‘the heart sick.’” (President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, Member of the LDS Church First Presidency)
4 comments:
Thank you for posting that. I hope you are ok!!
You are the second person I know to have posted that same exact quote. It is very uplifting (even if you aren't religious) Elder Uchdorf is one of my all time fav's and I love that quote. It must be important for many of us to find hope right now (including me). But I believe when we look for hope we can find it. And I hope that you can find peace and hope in your life right now. Hugs!
Oh yea and comfort
Thanks Britt, I was needing some HOPE more than ever with life. Hold on to it! This too shall pass-- another favorite quote! Love you girl!
Post a Comment