WOW!! We survived the end of the world or the Zombie Apocalypse, however you want to remember it. December was nice for us. A few snow storms making it a white Christmas and some family time. I took most of the holiday off work to spend with the kids and it was nice not to go to work. We didn't really do anything (well I painted my laundry room wall :) but it was good to just be home. I even "tortured" the kids with a dental visit on their Christmas break. Mean huh... LOL
For Christmas the kids received a basketball hoop and the game Clue for the family gifts. Mersadez was given money and she chose to finish her Tattoo, MaKia got her cowgirl boots that she has wanted forever, McKenna got her ear pierced and some clothes, Kaden received a game chair with speakers and a video game. I got my present early we found the couch I have wanted forever on clearance and bought it. It is SOO great to have room for all my kids to sit and watch a movie with us. I haven't had enough seating for everyone in YEARS. Scott got an Eagles shirt and some Rock Rival pants.
New Years we spent with the Gilbert/Nance family bowling and hanging out at Scott's cousin house. I had all three kids this year and it was nice (Mersadez was working so she didn't join us). I was suppose to go to New York with my brother but I couldn't bring myself to leave my kids...Some day I will watch the ball drop from Time Square but not yet.
So for my New Years 2013 goals:
1. Get out of debt (well not completly since I can't pay off my house and my truck still has a few years left). I have set up a budget and should be REALLY close to having everything paid off or way down by the end of the year. I will have all our debt minus the cars and house paid off by July of 2014. (this includes my student loan) I can't wait!!!
2. Get into shape. After having my thyroid removed I have been slacking big time. I just have a "bad" attitude about my decision to remove my thyroid so I haven't been that "into" getting myself better. It may be part of the problem of me not feeling great. A lot of the way you feel is a reflection of your attitude. I need to change mine and keep telling myself I can't change what I did so I need to find a way to deal with it and move on. I need to just concentrate on living my life the best I can and try to get over the "bad" decision I made.
I have other things I want to accomplish but becuase of my first goal they have to wait....I need to get out of this debt we put ourselves in this last year then I can move onto the rest of my "wishes".
I hope you all had a great holiday.
No comments:
Post a Comment