The holidays are continuing to be a difficult time for me....14 years ago I lost my hero, a great lady I admired and looked up to. Someone I thought was one of the strongest people alive. She passed away on December 13. Three years ago I lost a good friend of mine. She was the one friend I had in High School, when all the others had dropped out. I meet her when I was in 8th grade and we stayed friends throughout the rest of her life. She died November 30 after injuries sustained in a car accident on Thanksgiving. Then last year my step-father had a life scare with his lungs and a ruptured appendix and we were not sure he was going to make it. I am sure there have been more over the years but these are the ones that stand out. Then this year my Grandpa Bennett is fighting for his life as we speak. Grandpa Bennett is a very sweet and strong man. It pains me to see him struggle and in so much pain. He is a genuine man, true and honest. He has a magical heart and spirit. He has so much love to offer and is very kind. My thoughts are with him and my Aunts during this time. My Aunts have been taking care of him and watching him go through this. They are experiencing something more heartbreaking then I can imagine. They are very strong and I admire them for being there for my Grandpa. I wish I was strong enough to be there for them more. If you read my blog please say a prayer for my Grandpa, he is a good man and doesn’t deserve this hand life had dealt him.
Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose. ~From the television show The Wonder Years
A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown
1 comment:
So sorry to hear Britt. Dang, Dec. is a harsh month! Love and Prayers for you all. XO
Post a Comment