So Christmas to me isn't a very "happy" time of year. Not only because it reminds me of my Grandma and makes me very sad but also because the real meaning just isn't with anyone any more. Everyone is about presants and more and more. I try to be "happy" with Christmas for the kids but they are to the point that they would rather go on a family vacation then buy buy buy more and more presants for everyone and their dogs. But enough complaining. For my December posts I am going to focus on my Christmas Traditions. I love that about this time of year. I try to keep my traditions going year after year, even when money is tight. I loved my Christmas traditions as a kid and with more and more of our family moments getting eliminated with mostly Scott's family but my family also I want my kids to still have them with me. I hope they will continue on with them when they have kids.
The first one that mean a lot to me is I buy a Christmas ornament for my kids every year. I started when Kia was born and have continued it with Scott's Kids. It is so much fun to watch the kids try and find their ornaments when we decorate the tree. This year I didn't put up the "kid" tree, which is the tree that all the kids ornaments are one, I only put up my "American" tree (picutres later) so when Kaden came home he was VERY upset with me. He had to go down and find his Christmas ornaments and he put them on the piano next to my Jack Sparrow ones. It means a lot to me that my kids appreciate this tradition and I think it means a lot to them also to get that one "steady" surprise year after year.

No comments:
Post a Comment