Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Week 3

This post may be hard for me, because as I said before December is a hard month.... We laid my Grandfather Bennett to rest yesterday (the day my Grandma DeAnn passed). They played Wind Beneath my Wings and I lost it....Not only was I burying my grandfather but that is the song I dedicated to my Grandma...It was a double wammy and I couldn't stop crying. I know everyone says my Grandma wouldn't approve of my tattoo but I have to say, when I felt like I wasn't ever going to stop crying, I rubbed my finger over my tattoo for comfort and I felt so much better. The uncontrollable crying went away and I was able to make it through the rest of the day. So, to those that don't approve, this is proof to me that my Grandma would approve of my way of dealing with her loss.


So back to traditions...On Christmas Eve my kids get to unwrap their PJ's. This picture (below) is my favorite on of the kids doing this. They all look so happy!!


This is a tradition I have taken from my childhood. I loved doing this when I was younger. We also go out to dinner with Scott's family usually to chinese and the kids get to unwrap their presants from their cousins and the siblings get gifts from each other. It is a nice tradition with his family. Then we go home and the kids get to toast out the year (I know this is a New Year's tradition but we are not home on New Year's). They tell their favorite thing about the past year and something they are thankful for. They get sparking cidar in a cute fake wine glass. :). Then we put on our new PJ's and watch the Grinch. Christmas Eve is my favorite part of this horrible holiday. It is a day I get to spend with my kids and enjoy our time together.

No comments: