Thursday, March 18, 2010

Wishing I could do more

This is my twin. We were both born on September 7 and I couldn't be more blessed to share my birthday with a better person. I love this man SOOO much!! He is my moms older brother and has been struggling with his health for some time now. His family is so AWESOME and his wife is amazing. They have stuck together and keep their spirits up during this time. I don't know were they get their strength from. I don't know how they keep going with such positive attitudes. They still smile, make sure everyone else is happy and I don't hear any negativity from any of them. I see so many things wrong with my life on a daily basis, I feel ashamed with my self when I have SOOO many negative thoughts and then I see my uncle and his family going through so much more then I am and they are still so positive. They not only amaze me in this time but throughout everything. I have never meet a stronger couple. They still act like teenagers!!! After SOOO many years of marriage and so many ups and downs. My Aunt and Uncle are still so much in love and still get gooey around each other like teenagers do. They are the cutest couple and they have set an EXCELLENT example for their two boys. My cousins are 2 of the best men I know. They take care of their families and have a devotion like I have never seen.
This is my Aunt Sharon and she is so fun to have around. She can keep you laughing for HOURS. She has been through so much in her life and has experienced so much pain, loss and sometimes even disappointment but you would NEVER know it. She is always happy, positive and just a WONDERFUL person to be around. I admire her for her strength and the way she is able to take care of my Uncle. I know being away from her kids is one of the hardest things she has gone through but she stays strong for them and my Uncle even being so far away from home.

This is one AWSOME family!!!! I love you guys and I wish there was more I could do for you. I hope one day your able to be back in Utah and close enough for us to help you out when/were we can. I know Sharon could use the help and I know we all would love to offer that helping hand. So here is my quote for you guys:

"They might not need me; but they might. I'll let my head be just in sight; a smile as small as mine might be precisely their necessity. "


Emily Dickinson

I love you!!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh my Gosh! Between Laura and You today I have been a blubbering idiot. You are so kind! Manno, I haven't cried this much in a really long time. We're pretty sure that we draw strength because we get so much support from our family and extended family. A rare possession to have. Aunts and Uncles and Cousins that remain so close. XO

Terrence and Laura said...

Sharon is right about drawing strength from family. The Mills family has a rare connection and closeness and I am so lucky to be a part of it. Clark is also such a positive person and puts everything into perspective and whenever I get down or depressed I think "What would Sharon do?" She always laughs when things get tense and that's the best example to me:)