So I need encouragement today.... So here are some quotes I have read today that bring me encouragement :)
The goal in marriage is not to think alike, but to think together. ~Robert C. Dodds
I think enduring, committed love between a married couple, along with raising kids, is the most noble act anyone can aspire to. ~Nicholas Sparks (can I tell you how much I love Nicholas Sparks???)
No man is truly married until he understands every word his wife is NOT saying. ~Unknown
The challenge is to help couples turn "I Do" into "We Can."~Scott Stanley
Love and commitment are rocks. Don't let the running waters move your marriage rock.~Elizabeth Thomas
Marriage, like a submarine, is only safe if you get all the way inside.~Frank Pittman (one of my favorite!!)
Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said. -Anonymous
“What you call yourselves and how people refer to you as a family greatly impacts your children, who are constantly trying to figure out where and how they fit into your modern family.” ~Kela Price
“Although stepfamilies rarely make as smooth transition as the Bradys, it is possible to successfully blend a family. It depends on how and when you start and what you put in the blender.” ~Kela Price
“There is this double standard by which we suspect stepmothers of being wicked and selfish, yet expect them to be utterly selfless and loving to kids who are not their own, kids who are often hostile and rejecting for many years in spite of a stepmother’s best efforts and intentions.” ~Wednesday Martin, author of Stepmonster
"Stepmothers need to put their own adjustment and self-care first, rather than siphoning energy away from that to “fix” something that you didn’t break yourself.” ~Wednesday Martin, author of Stepmonster (I am beginning to think I need to see this movie :)
Marriage is not a noun; it's a verb. It isn't something you get. It's something you do. It's the way you love your partner every day.
For two people in a marriage to live together day after day is unquestionably the one miracle the Vatican has overlooked. Bill Cosby
Good inspiration for a day huh... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment