Sunday, November 8, 2009

Thankful (Dad's Family)


So I did a post on my mom's family but I am also thankful for my dad's family. This is a family that has grown over time. They were not very close to me when I was growing up. Since I have gotten older (this isn't counting my dad mind you) they have really been there for me. My aunts are AWESOME!! I love having all of them on Facebook so I can follow in their lives. Most of my cousins are on there also and it is great to see all that is going on. This is a family that isn't very close and we don't get together that often but I have to say when we do it is good times.

My Grandma and Grandpa Huntsman were the greatest two people I have ever meet. No matter what happened in my life, no matter who had disowned me at the time they were always there. I didn't tell them enough how much I admired them and how much they meant to me. I just hope they understood. I have never meet two people that had so much love and devotion and no judgement in their heart. It didn't matter what they still loved you and you knew it. I just wish I would have "woke up" a lot earlier and spent more time with them.

I am grateful that my dads family has been able to stay together. They are not close and yes they have their issues but they are still family. I am very impressed at how we as a family have been able to grow over time and not get more distance. So I am thankful again for my family.


No comments: