Thursday, March 21, 2013

Work-Out Revamped

So we got back from Florida and decided to revamp our workout. We needed to get serious no more "pretending". So with help from Kenna (who is the only child that is working out with us) we came up with a schedule and even wrote it down!!

We are doing 6 days a week now (only one rest day and let me tell you that day is glorious!!). I have 9 weeks planned (which is 63 days counting my rest days because they are important right). We have incorporated P90X and Insanity together. Insanity is WAY to much insane cardio for me I need some strength training and "switch" from consistent cardio. (I am not a fan of cadio can you tell). So far (we started this program on Monday) we have been GREAT (LOL three days great but still) today is our rest day (middle of the week). I am WAY exhausted my whole body just feels drained, absolutely no energy at all. I am glad it's my rest day because I honestly think I would kill over if we worked out today.

My diet isn't the best but it's better then it was and I do pay more attention to what I eat. Scott is a lot more consciences of what he eats and he actually worries about it more then I do :) He says he feels like he is getting no where but even my "non-observant" Pre-Teen son told him he can tell his ab workouts are working because he use to be way fatter. LOL

So wish us luck for the next 63 days (week 5 is our re-conditioning week to get ready for even more intense "damn" cardio workouts :).

So for those that are curious on what we are doing here is our Week 1 workouts:

Monday - P90X Back and Biceps
Tuesday - Insanity Power and Resistance (and Scott and Kenna did Abs I "pooped" out)
Wednesday - P90X Back and Legs
Thursday - Rest!!!!
Friday - P90X Kenpo and Abs
Saturday - P90X Synergesics (not sure on spelling)
Sunday - Either P90X Yoga or we will buy a different Yoga video but it will be a Yoga day.

As you can see more P90X then Insanity so we switched it up a little for Week 2 and have more insane cardio. Stay tuned :)

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Just what Clark and I were talking about. Gotta get feeling better some how! I'm just going to begin by swimming again. Have to do something I like since nothing else inspires me. WAY TO GO! Just *DON'T* stop. That's when the flab/droopies/no muscle/feel rotten, catches up with you! YOU ARE DOING AWESOME!