Monday, February 27, 2012

February 2012

February was a challange and no not just because my boys lost in the superbowl....All though that isn't how I wanted the month to begin. I know my health is better then some people but I have to vent a little bit. I keep going back and forth in my mind about my thyroid surgery. I can't get over the thought that I made a huge mistake in getting the surgery even though the Doc told me it was the best thing for my heart and eyes. I just don't feel all that much better. It was just like a trade. One thing for another. I don't feel like it has really helped me at all. I keep telling myself it is for the best, there is nothing I can do to change it and I need to try and move on and deal but this last month I haven't been able to. I even had my first full on panic attack. I don't know if it was due to all the brian stress or what but it was a bad experience. It happened when Scott was gone to ID so it scared me to death because I was home alone with my kids. All I can do is hope the surgery was for the best and try to move on with my life. My quality of life will never be the same but it wasn't all that great before the surgery so I don't know why I expect so much now....I just feel like I am way to young to feel this "damn" old. I am hoping I have a lot of life left to live and it makes it hard to think I will just get worse as the years go on. When I want to live so much longer....It is all just so scary and I know it is mild compared to some of the illness in my family but it has been a real challenge for me to overcome this.

Moving on....
Scott shaved his head!!! CrAzY, I never thought he would do it. He has been talking about it for years now but he never actually went through with it. He looks really good though and seems to be happier with it.
We went to our last Grizzly game for the year with my cousins (and Aunt and Uncle). The passes have been great and we look forward to many more fun times ahead. I have enjoyed the time we get to spend out of the house as a family and for a good price. It is nice to get the kids out of the house, away from the TV and video games. The kids also love to see the cousins. We are looking forward to some indoor football games, REAL games and maybe some drag races and MotoCross.


To end the month we did something CrAzY. We bought another German Shepherd puppy. so now we have the heeler, Misty, and the puppy. We have been trying to replace our previous Shepherd for some time now and thought getting a new puppy would do the trick. Then we can train it from the start and not have any issues from previous families. (this is the hope anyway we will see how it works). She is adorable and is doing pretty good on the house training. Now to get past the puppy biting stage and to get her to sleep through the night and we should be well on our way :)

No comments: