Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thankful Thursday

So I have been so down lately that I have decided to do a thankful post since it is "thankful Thursday". I honestly do have a lot to be thankful for even with all the negative and heartbreak in my life right now. I have 4 beautiful children I get to call mine. They are really GREAT kids. I get down on myself ALOT with how they are being raised but when the day is done and I sneek in to look at their peaceful BEAUTIFUL faces at night I know in my heart I have done a pretty good job with them. Life gets CRAZY and I don't know how I will make it to another day and then the sun rises and I crawl out of bed and live to see another day (another blessing). I live in a home, have a dependable vehicle, have a small amount of money in the bank, I have food on my table and a working heater/AC. I have a GREAT mom and brother that will do anything for me. I have a husband that puts up with me and still says he loves me (in his own way he doesn't say those three words....). I get to live in a beautiful state and enjoy the ever changing crazy weather that keeps my life interesting. I have a job and again I have healthy children that I adore.

So for today, even if it is just for today, I am very thankful for the "small" things in my life that I can cherish.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

You Go Britt! Love this thought. "Keep a grateful journal, Everynight list FIVE things that happened this day that you are grateful for.
What it will do is change your perspective of your day and your life.
If you can learn to focus on what you have, you will always see that the universe is abundant. You will have more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never have enough." Oprah Winfrey

Not that I list five things every day. But. You will learn to focus on what you have, you will have more... Love it!