I love the home made Christmas gifts I get from my kids every year. This year Kaden made me a Christmas ornament (White one) like the one MaKia made me two years ago (Blue one).
This year Kaden also made me a little certificate that was suppose to be a "Promise to" but his says you can give me hugs any time you want. LOL!! It was so cute!! I love it!!
Thinking back when I was growing up my most memorable Christmas present was one year my parents gave both Jason and I water beds (very materialistic I know) but it was one of my favorite Christmas's. We walked in to find our Head boards (mine had the cutest White Teddy bear on it that I actually still have). I loved that bed. I was only 8 years old and I had my very own Queen Size water bed with a beautiful headboard and dresser.
While my parents were married Jason and I were very very spoiled!! They made sure we had everything we wanted and more. When they divorced my mom felt like she was letting us down when she couldn't give us those HUGE Christmas's that we were use to. She did more then enough for us and always made sure we had what we wanted. Maybe that is why Christmas is so hard for me now; because I know what my mom went through to try and make Jason and I happy. There have been some years I have felt helpless with my kids. No matter what I bought them, how much money we spent or how many gifts they received they always wanted more. Last year I threatened their Christmas's. I told them they would never have Christmas again if they were ungrateful. I have made it very clear to them that they have more then most. The angle tree and giving is a big thing for me around Christmas and I make sure my kids know about the little kids that won't get anything, including food, at Christmas. They have become better I will give them that (still very spoiled though).
1 comment:
Love the ornaments! I still put my kids ornaments they made me on a special tree. Save them forever! --Sorry we are "go by the seat of our pants",people. It was fun going to dinner anyway! Love ya, Sharon
Post a Comment