Tuesday, August 5, 2008

"Dirty Laundry"

Well I stole this from Terrance and Laura's blog. I think it is cute though and I loved reading hers. So here it goes

OK... so this one is called "Dirty Laundry" and it is about 7 things that are quirky about yourself. So here goes. I hope you all still love me after you read about my habits:

1. I clean the sink when I am mad. CRAZY huh! It doesn't matter how clean it was to begin with I scrub and scrub until it shines when I am frustrated. It doesn't help that a dirty sink drives me crazy as it is but it gets very clean when I am in one of those moods.

2. I am very sensitive to smells. I don't know how I am raising kids with this "issue" but I have plug ins all over my house and I usually have a candle burning, when I am home for longer periods of time. It is funny I can walk into my house and smell something and I can't relax until I find the smell and get rid of it. Scott thinks I am crazy because he usually can't smell anything. I love coming home to a house that smells good!

3. This one everyone already knows but I am soooo impatient! My poor kids!! I have the shortest fuse on the planet. The slightest thing can get me going. I am trying really hard to stop stressing and relax more but it is so hard. The four kids really like to test this one I was not cut out to raise 4 kids especially 3 girls. I am trying though...

4. One of my new "issues" is that I get so bored with the same dinner all the time. So, poor kids again, I try a new recipe, or 2, every week. Sometimes this is great because the meals turn out really good but then there are those times that I wish we had the money to throw the meal out and go buy something for dinner. We have had to do that a few times but it isn't cheap. I plan out my dinners for the week on Friday or Saturday and we go grocery shopping on Saturday or Sunday. This helps save money, except when I mess up the meal and we have to buy dinner... LOL!

5. This one my kids hate! I hate having a dirty house. But it doesn't end with dirty I hate clutter!! I have relaxed a little on this because of the kids but I am so bad that if you move my nick-knacks I can tell. If you move my pictures I can tell. Everything has a spot and I freak out if you move it. This is one of my worst "issues" I get so mad at my kids for having a dirty room or not cleaning up after themselves I hate myself for it. Like I said I am better then I use to be but I still some major counseling.

6. This one everyone knows also. My mom and Scott get so mad at me over this. I have a serious self esteem issue. I have never been happy with the way I look. It doesn't matter if I am 100 lbs or 150 lbs I am never happy. I look at myself in the mirror and all I see is "icky". I can be wearing a size 3 and still think I am fat. The scale could say 10 lbs and I would think I am fat. I thought as I get older this would change, but oh no it just gets worse.

7. Ok one more to go.. Let's see, well since it is called dirty laundry I might as well use this one. I won't let anyone help me with the laundry. I am so picky on how my cloths are washed. I don't worry to much about Scott's or the kids they can do their own laundry; but my cloths, I am so picky with. Scott just gave up and won't touch the laundry. It is ok though I don't mind doing the laundry I just hate putting it away. I can do laundry all day and I don't even mind folding the cloths I just hate putting them away.

3 comments:

Anna said...

what a fun idea. I love the way your blog looks! Cool back ground! And you are CRAZY for your self esteem issue. You look great!

Terrence and Laura said...

I love reading this stuff. I am the same in the self esteem area. It sucks how that works! And also...I don't like people touching my laundry either. I have very specific ways of folding everything and it always has to be the same, nobody can mess with it or it drives me nuts and I'll refold it.

Sharon said...

love your dirty laundry, It shows that you really are a perfectionist! "RELAXING" takes a thousand years to learn! So get over putting your self down. Take Clarks advice "look for the good" We love you,You are an awesome mom who cares!