Thankful Season Gratitude Challenge ~I am following my Aunt's lead and posting this. I am making a blog book this year with my year of month posts and I feel this one goes along with November and will be a great addition to my book.
Let's not talk about counting our blessings-- let's do it! Write a list of 100 things you are Thankful for. It sounds like it is too many. Try this:
Write 10 physical abilities you are Grateful for:
10- Ability to walk, and walk fast! I love being able to go for a brisk walk on a cool afternoon/evening.
9- I have strength. Both physically and mentally I have been given so much to overcome but I feel my burdens are less compared to some and I have been able to overcome them because of my strength.
8- Exercise: Being healthy enough to start my exercise routine again without my heart rate going through the roof. One great thing that came from my surgery!
7- Persistence - sometimes this is a negative thing but it has pushed me to get things done and stick with things until they are complete.
6- My eyes - I am always getting compliments on how beautiful my eyes are and I am grateful that the surgery has helped ease the pain in them so I can appreciate them again.
5- The ability to play sports with my children
4- I enjoy swimming and riding a bike
3- I love to hike in the mountains
2- I have no real physical limitations
1- I love to be a spectator! FOOTBALL AMONG MY FAV!
Write 10 material possessions you are grateful for:
Copied from my Aunt ~ I am NOT a material girl, or high maintenance. Nails and pedicures (not for me) I am a simple person (a plain Jane)
BUT:
10- I love having a nice vehicle to drive that I can depend on
09- I love our small house ~ big homes are over rated I like the simplicity of my home.
08- I love my kitchen table it is large enough for my family to gather around for dinner.
07- I love having enough money to pay my bills every month and have a little bit left over to "play" with.
06- I love my trailer.
05- I have many collections, dishes and dolls that I started with my Grandma and then frogs and dragons
04- My piano, it doesn’t get played very much but it is a treasure to me.
03- I love nice clothes ~hate shopping and spending money, but I love having nice things to wear.
02- I love jewelry
01- I love pictures, the more family pictures I can have the better.
Write 10 deceased people you are grateful for:
10- My friend Lisa, she died way too young and I am blessed to have known her.
09- My friend Pepper, she also died before her life could begin and her friendship meant a lot to me the world is a darker place without her in it.
08- My friend Angie, her life was cut short but she lived it while she was here. I will cherish the memories I have of our time together.
07- My Grandpa Bennett: He was a strong man that I have always admired.
06- My Grandpa Huntsman: He was always there for me no matter what he loved me unconditionally and is missed every day
05- My Grandma Huntsman, same as above she was the sweetest person she could always make me laugh.
04- My other Great grandparents for their teachings to me and my family and for the traditions they passed down.
03- My step-father Frank, he was a good man that was there for my mom and brother his passing has left a big hole in our family and in our hearts his memory will be cherished.
02- My Grandma DeAnn, I miss her more and more every day, time has not healed the wound of her passing. She is my hero and the greatest women I have ever known.
01- Scott's Dad - He was a gentle, good man that raised a great son. He set an example and is missed very much.
Write 10 living people who you are grateful for
10- I can't limit this list to 10 there are so many great people in my life that I am thankful for and for this I am grateful. So for this line I have to say everyone that I have come into contact with has influenced my life in one way or the other and I am, who I am today, because of them.
09- My Aunts and Uncles who are there for me and care about me. Who are willing to lend an ear or just a hug to let me know they care. I couldn't ask for better people.
08- My cousins, I am blessed to have some GREAT cousins.
07-My Grandpa and Grandma Gines and my dad
06- My brother who I can count on for anything at any time
05- My kids even though they can drive me CrAzY they are my greatest blessing and joy
04- My friends who have been through a lot with me and are still there for me.
03- My grandfather Mills - He is the greatest man I know and no words can thank him for everything he is to me and for everything he has done for me.
02- My mom, she is my hero and does more for me then I could ever repay her for. I don't know where I would be without her. She helps me with everything in my life and is always there. I love her with all my heart.
01- My Husband. He puts up with a lot just being married to me. He is a strong patient man and I know I can depend on him for anything. He is one of kind and I am grateful for him in my life.
Write 10 things about nature you are grateful for:
This is EASY!
10 - The clouds and blue sky
09- All the Seasons
08- The Mountains
07 – Trees
06- Lakes, Streams and oceans
05- Animals
04- Flowers especially rose bushes and lilac bushes
03- The smell of the earth right before and after a rain storm
02- Rainbows
01- Sunshine
Write 10 things today you are grateful for:
10- My job
09- Cell phones
08- Music
07- Modern medicine
06- Blogging and FB
05- Wonderful people in my life
04- Friday's
03- Garbage Day! I get empowered to clean out the fridge! This is stolen from my Aunt also but it is so true.
02- Soup
01- Quiet moments
Write 10 places on earth you are grateful for:
10- From Coast to Coast (the OCEAN BLUE)
09- Lehi it will always be my home town
08- San Rafael Desert
07- 9/11 Memorial (BEAUTIFUL)
06- Utah
05- Historic landmarks
04- New England - Home of the New England Patriots - I hope to visit someday
03- Scotland, Hawaii and Ireland - three more places I hope to visit
02- Las Vegas - a vacation that isn't too far away
01- The whole beautiful world
Write 10 modern inventions you are grateful for:
10- Air Conditioning
09- Gas Fireplace
08- Toilets and running water
07- Heat/Electricity
06- Computers
05- Refrigerators and generators
04- Cars
03- Modern Technology
02- Modern Medicine
01- Cell Phones
Write 10 foods you are grateful for:
10- Fruits and Vegetables
09- Crackers
08- Maui Maui
07- Pasta
06- Ice Cream
05- Chocolate
04- Wine, Ice Tea, Coffee and Beer
03- Chinese
02- Cookies
01- Turkey dinners
Write 10 things about the gospel you are grateful for: ~I am not a spiritual person but I do have a few things in this category so I will list some.
10- God and his blessings (weather we understand them or not)
09- Old church buildings (my grandma would enjoy taking pictures of these with me in different states we went to)
08- Variety of religion and various beliefs
07- Jesus Christ and all he sacrificed for us
06- The pure spirit of children
05- Those quiet moments when you are all alone and lost and you don't know if you can make it the little feeling you get that you can make it and things will work out.
04- My personal relationship with God and my beliefs
03- Knowledge that I will see my family again
02- Unanswered prayers (the ones you say but they don't turn out and it is for the better)
01- Answered Prayers
When we make a list like this, we discover that al list of 100 doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of all the things God has given us.
FOR THIS I AM GRATEFUL
1 comment:
beautiful job Britt LOVE IT!
Post a Comment