Monday, November 15, 2010

Week two thanks

Here is the next week of my thankful posts.

8 - Today I am thankful for my friends. Some of them have stuck by me through all my teenage mishaps, teenage and adult trials as well as my happy moments. I am very lucky to have the friends I have. They are the BEST.

9 - Today I am thankful for my daughter MaKia. She is a very beautiful and caring young lady. "A daughter may outgrow your lap, but she will never outgrow your heart." ~Author Unknown

10 - Today I am thankful for the 8+ wonderful years I have spent with McKenna. It has been an interesting roller coster ride but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

11 - Today I am thankful for our Veterans. I think there is one higher office than president and I would call that patriot. ~Gary Hart

12 - Today I am thankful for my son. He bring me so much joy. I would seriously be lost without Kaden. If I have a monument in this world, it is my son. -- Maya Angelou
13 - Today I am thankful for Sadez. Even though she moved back with her mom she still asks for my advice and keeps me updated. She is a good kid (well women :)


This week I am focusing on the simple things in life and how thankful I am for all our modern ways. Sometimes I take WAY to much for granted from the stove in my kitchen, to the bathroom with a flushing toliet in my house. I was born into modern times so I forget how lucky we all are. As the world progresses (for good and bad) and things get even more simple (or complex depending on how you look at it) I have to remember to be greatful because again I have more then most and I am very lucky to live in the times I live in.

No comments: