Thursday, February 4, 2010

Peace....

So I don't know if you want to call it a "higher power", Heavenly Father, God, Budda, Holy Ghost, Jesus or whoever you believe in but in those quite moments when it is just you and your thoughts and you listen really really close you do find the peace and answers your looking for. For the past week I have been without sleep, having an upset stomach, eating WAY to much JUNK and just very anxious and restless. I couldn't find peace with anything I did. I couldn't make my mind up about anything nothing seemed right and it was all jumbled up. So last night after a VERY restless night sleep I woke up (at 3 a.m.!!!) and just laid in my bed and thought....Just listened to my heart, played the pros and cons out in my head and just really listened. After an hour of this I had come to a pre-conclusion.... I got up exercised, showered, got ready for the day and drank some coffee. No one was up yet so I had time to ponder some more. Then I took the kids to my moms and went to work. When my mom woke up I called her and asked if she would go look at the Lehi house with me one more time. She agreed. So I got off work at 11 and went and looked at the house again. All the damage that had been done was repaired. The carpets were clean and all the stains were gone. All the writing was removed from the walls and windows and it was like a whole new house!! I couldn't believe the change.... So after calling and talking to Scott and Jason I made my mind up that was the house we needed to get.

After making it final with the down payment (that was $600 less then the other house deposit) and agreeing to a rent amount that was $200 less then the other house it felt like a weight was lifted off me. I feel SO much better now. It feels like I finally made the right decision. Now, I don't know if this is because a final decision has been made and I am making too big a deal of this or if I actually did make the right decision on the house. Which ever it is I feel GREAT!!! I am excited for the move tomorrow and being neighbors with my brother and really really close to my mom and nephews. It feels GREAT!!!!

So I have to say I do believe in listening to you heart (or whatever it is) and doing what you think, deep down, is the right thing. Yes, it never is smooth and there is always some trial or hurddle to over come, but the feeling of peace that comes after making the decision you know is right is unbelieveable. I can breath again and the amount of money we will be saving is a blessing in disguise.

No comments: