Well Christmas is almost here.... Hmmm.. Not sure if I am happy about that.... This is a hard time for me expecially since we don't have alot of money... Our rent went unpaid this month so we could afford Christmas... Something is wrong there... I understand the "giving" spirit but I really hate the whole Santa Clause theme of Christmas. I hate that we have to buy buy buy to make anyone happy. I would prefer to just get together and have a nice dinner with the family WHY THE PRESANTS!!!! I guess I really am the Grinch...
So enough with the "unhappy" on the the good.. Scott's test came back (getting a second opion because nothing was said about the results of the Ultra sound) he has Gilbert's Disease. This is WAY to vague but at least it isn't life threatenig and acutally not bad at all.... I have decided to quit school so I can try and get a second job. I have applied at SEVERAL places but one is looking pretty good. I am testing for it on Friday so we will see....(if it works out I will be working with Pam and Alaina).
The kids are doing good. The oldest two are struggling with school but all in all I can't complain. They are happy (for the most part) and healthy so it is "all good".
Well I hope everyone has a GREAT Christmas and a VERY Happy New Year. Stay safe and enjoy the holdiay spirit (the real spirit not the gifts).
1 comment:
Britt,
My personal issues with Christmas is nothing but priority... Think of Grandma DeAnn and how special she made Christmas. They didn't have any extra money either but she planned all year to make the kids christmas magical. It's not about money. It's about planning... My bad too. I wait to the last minute and then Christmas becomes a drugdery. My issues are my own expectations of "how much" everyone should get. My kids once told me, "grrr Mom, don't ruin it for us" Seriously ask Elyse! Just the attitude of fun at christmas matters more than gifts. We spoil our kids so much that at this stage of the game they expect the world. Life isn't about getting everything. We've been trained to think we need it all. It's about being together and having fun. This year we are scaling down. Gotta start sometime. And another thought... When I was a kid. Every year my mom was ba humbug... discouraged with the fact that my Dad didn't allow her to by presents.(only because he was a penny pincher) And so us kids got the stress of no christmas for the month of Dec. and then Christmas morning was wonderful and we wondered what all the grumbling had to be for...THATS WHAT RUINS IT FOR EVERYONE. I did it to my kids too. I ruined the season for everyone with my own thoughtlessness. And on Christmas we had a awesome time. SO what's up with the ba humbug attitude. It is what we make it. It always works out. And what are we teaching our kids. Don't pay your bills on Christmas. Toys are priority??? The kids would rather have a stable home where there is security. It is not teaching our kids to be responsible adults. A little harsh, and I only say it because I've been there and done that and hope things can get better for you. Hang in there... LOVE YOU
ps. you can erase this if you want.
Post a Comment